1. Christmas Music
I love all the jingling and fa-la-la-la-la's all over the airways. It's as if suddenly the world has forgotten the separation of church and state and Christian music (under the guise of holiday carols) reigns supreme. Songs by the MOTAB are in the Top 40. And shopping at Walmart is a little more enjoyable with choirs of angels heralding my money-saving skills. There's just something that makes you feel glorious when you open the freezer door and hear: "Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hall-laaay-luuu-yuuuh!!!!!"
2. Christmas pictures
Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you pay $100+ to get really great pictures and sometimes you pay $20- to get something passable. Sometimes everything works out perfectly- hair, clothes, setting, etc. and sometimes you end up doing ridiculous dances in front of your kids to get them to smile and you start throwing the attention toys at each other and somebody gets called a "Picture Nazi." Can you guess which kind of year we had?
3. Christmas Decor
4. The promise that next year will be simple
As I look at my list of lists, I wonder: who on my gift list would be the least offended if I decide to simplify Christmas by eliminating their present? Will you let me know who you are?
5. Spirit of the Season
I'm always amazed that the most generous people are often the ones who have the least to give. I love the carol, "In the Bleak Midwinter." It talks about what gift we can give to Christ- our heart. It reminds me that I should give my best because our Savior Jesus Christ gave His best, His life. And in all the merriness and celebration, I must take a moment each day to reflect on this. That is the only way for me to make Christmas meaningful.
To all the ones I love: Merry Christmas!
7 comments:
I loved this post and could relate to every bit of it... funny how we both have the same "name" when it comes to family photos :) I say let's really simplify and just go have mud pie and diet coke and call it good!
What a great Christmas post. Way to catch the lighting on the tree! Love the pictures... especially J's expression in the 2nd one! That's the best.
PS Now I know where Jack learned to pick his nose!
I'm TOTALLY not doing my Christmas goodie plate this year. I could barely (not exaggerating) get the words out when I told Ryan the other night. I just cannot fit it in.
UNLESS...I visit teach you and then you get one! Don't you feel lucky?
We took family pictures tonight. Of course before the pictures were taken both Laura and Thomas pooped out of their pants.
The pictures turned out mediocre but they will do.
Anyway, that is what I keep telling myself to help calm my inner Picture Nazi.
Oh those pictures of Emma and Joseph are classic--love um! Priceless!
Love the "picture Nazi" comment. I get called the "Disney Nazi" all the time. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment