Sunday, July 19, 2009

Emmaline

Today is Emma's 5th birthday! I should've written the text before I uploaded the pictures for this post because I look at how much she's grown and how I've waited for this day, but now I realize it went by way too fast. Tears brushed aside, here's a post to my best girl.

Nicknames: Em, Emmy, Emmylou, low pockets (Grandpa Joe), cutie pie (Marmie)


Favorite things to do:
-anything outside
-looking for bugs- she has quite the collection
-playing in the dirt
-swimming
-'ventures with her Daddy


What she's known for:
-using big words we never realized she knew in perfect context (The Lamanites are dangerous! )

-OCD tendencies- everything has its place

-tomboyishness- no ponytails or bows for this girl!

-being responsible (Mom, did we remember to close the garage?)

-never forgetting anything

-saying things that make us all laugh (Me: Thanks for not whining; E: Yeah I glued my mouth shut.)

-picking up on everything (We all sat down together and she said, "Let's talk about food storage!")

-being crazy about her Daddy (After she and I had a difficult day, we were talking at bedtime and I asked, "Can we have a nicer day tomorrow?" She said, "Yes Mommy, tomorrow I will be nicer to Daddy."

What she loves:
-songs and making up her own words to a song (Wipe, Flush, Wash to the tune of 3 blind mice is one of my favs)
-animals
-books
-art projects
-snowglobes
-carousels

I love her sweet prayers ("Please bless Todd so he can teach the people who don't speak like we do.") and hearing her sing Primary songs to her brother. And while I'll miss the funny words from when she was little (delumptious, bizagna, dandylans (dandylions)), I'm so proud to call this bright, independent, 5 year-old girl all mine.

Happy Birthday Emma!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

She is so cute Beth. I really enjoyed having you guys come down and play. I'm pretty chicken when it comes to calling people and getting together, so ANYTIME all of you or some of you (i.e. babysitting) want to come over, definitely call me :) Avery loved making a new friend, and I enjoyed hanging out.

The Hansen Clan said...

Happy Birthday Miss Emma! We hope you had a great day! Such a great post... I loved seeing all the baby pictures - it goes by so fast! We miss you guys!

Amber said...

What a sweet girl! I loved reading all the cute and funny things she says. Happy Birthday Emma!

Penny said...

That picture of the kids all playing in the backyard makes me SO SAD! We really miss you guys!! Happy Birthday Emma, Nathan still talks about playing with you. Love you guys!

P.S. MOVE BACK!!

AMY said...

What a great post.

Oh, and I was crying while I was reading... I love the "I'll be nicer to Daddy!" I know she really adores Shaun and that's what makes it so funny.

I hope you had fun at the water park!!

Shauna said...

I luuuuv how you talk about your kids. You capture them so well. Hug that little cute creature for me.