Friday, August 26, 2011

August

She's already one month old!

I love how having a baby is like pushing the reset button on life. Everything slows down...waaay down. Everyone understands if you can't make it to things. No one (other than your other children) expects anything of you. You can slow down and just enjoy this:


I've never loved the newborn phase so much! I'd like to think that it's because of my previous mom experience, but it's more likely because Sarah sleeps 4-5 hours at a time at night! I'm savoring each moment. She's already grown so much. I'm actually excited to see her at 2 a.m.- she's so cute! I love her bright eyes and little rosebud lips. One of Emma's friends saw her announcement and said," oh they put lipstick on her!" Nope, just natural baby beauty!

I love her downy soft hair- surprisingly dark for a Sorensen baby. I love how she keeps her hands in fists and her legs tucked up close to her body. And those baby sounds- the coos and squeaks and even the rare newborn cry- they are so sweet! I love how she knows my voice and calms down when I pick her up- that's the best mommy validation!


Someone asked Shaun how it felt to be the father of three and he said he felt more like the father of two and a cabbage patch doll! But, it definitely is changing and feeling a little more like 3 everyday!

As for the rest of our family....we spent this last weekend in St. George to see Shaun's brother Nate's Sr. football season opener. Here's Joe is his Oly colors:


Hiking "The Crack" at Pioneer Park in St. George.



Waiting for a yummy hotel breakfast!


Emma started school on August 22nd. She was excited for 2nd grade, but it felt too early for me. This summer went by too fast!



No comments: