Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 Summary...the second quarter

MARCH 2011

One of the best things about 2011 was that my much beloved sister Adrienne came to live with us for a semester.  She was attending LDS Business College while she was off-track from BYU-I.  We had so much fun together those 4 months. She was so helpful with my kids- especially at meal times. And it was so great to have another adult around when Shaun was traveling or working late.

All of my sisters and I outside our high school in May 2010. Adrienne is the extra smiley one in the cap and gown.

 Adrienne always makes me laugh; I love her perspective on things. She's an incredibly talented artist.  For my 29th birthday, she drew a sketch of my house and surprised me with it along with a lovely pale blue and white striped scarf. How could I not love her?
 
  
In March, I also went for my ultrasound for our third baby. Of course, you all know it was a girl! Emma was beyond thrilled to hear it was a girl; she's been longing for a little sister. Joseph wasn't surprised at all, he knew it was a girl even without the ultrasound. He knew he was getting a sister and her name would be Sarah!



Baby # 3!
March must have been cold in 2011.  I've got a few pictures of Joseph trying to stay warm... 
 
Mom's hot pink bathrobe- snuggly!

I think he's happy in there.

April 2011 

 My big sister kindly reminded me of her family's visit at the start of April for General Conference weekend.  How could I forget?  I know!  We were having so much fun- I didn't take a single picture or write in on my calendar. That's how. But it was fun to get together with the Ketchies- super fun kiddos playing with my kiddos was perfect!

In other April news: I miss those pretty spring flowers.  I'm glad some hardworking horticulturist planted over 300 tulip, hyacinth and daffodil bulbs in my yard.  It made for a picture-perfect spot for a little cousin Easter Egg Hunt in a light spring rain.



Jane - - Roxey - - Emma - - Joseph

 I guess I took more pictures of flowers than my children in April, but I'll spare you those. : )

Moving on to MAY 2011..

Joseph had his first go at team sports. I signed him up for a mini-soccer camp with his best buddy James. For $20, he got a nifty green T-shirt an hour every Tuesday of non-stop soccer fun. Except it wasn't fun. For anyone. I spent the entire time trying to convince him it was cool to wait in line to kick a soccer ball. He wasn't falling for it.  I thought he needed a little scrimmage time, but when game day came, he sat in the middle of the field and didn't move. Not even when the kids had to hurdle over him to chase the ball.  The only reason he stuck it out was for the snack at the end.  I guess we're not cut out for the soccer team lifestyle.  

Don't be fooled by his thumbs up..pure happenstance. The facial expression is a better indicator.

At the end of the work day..
 If soccer isn't his sport of choice, then carseat napping should be. If he spends longer than 10 minutes in this baby it's lights out. Doesn't matter what time of day. I think this particular brand of carseat is infused with some sort of sleep-inducing chemical or maybe it's Lazyboy seat design. I like that he sleeps with his boots on.  I found them along with a matching raincoat. We had a blast stomping around in the puddles. He wore those boots everywhere that summer.

 We spent the last two weeks of May packing boxes with heavy hearts.  Our lease ended in June and the owners of our lovely rental home surprised us by not renewing because they wanted to move back in.  We were shocked and spent a crazy month scrambling to find somewhere close by to live. We were hoping to stay in the same ward and even had a few options that seemed like they would work, but everything fell through.  We found a great place 2 weeks before we were due to move out. Only 1.5 miles away, but different school, different ward and stake.  It was tough to leave that neighborhood- so many friends right around us (5 girls Emma's same age and 4 boys Joseph's age!) We moved in the first week of June.  I was 34 weeks pregnant- I think I'm cursed to move every pregnancy. It's stressful enough without the extra emotional help from hormones. I might be looking for a little pity.

I don't have any exterior photos of our latest abode, but here's a shot of a
happy Joe and our oak-a-licious, but spacious kitchen.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I HEART you so much! Sounds like 2011 was a great year!

Amber said...

Love all the updates. What a busy and exciting year for your sweet family. Love ya!

Justine Ketchie said...

Don't you remember that we came through the end of March for Conference and got to spend some quality cousin and sister time together. While enjoying conference. Hard to believe that was last April.