I wanted to use a lot of what we already had to keep it economical, but I did add a few things. Our theme is industrial random chic. I started by making this upholstered headboard. There are tutorials all over the web. It was actually a pretty easy project. The fabric was $16 at HomeFabrics- it's a lovely taupe/grey. I can't remember the name of the wood I used, but I bought it at HD and it was cheaper than plywood or MDF. They cut it for me. I did use 2x4's to hold it up since I couldn't mount in on the cement! I already had the foam. For the tufting I pre-drilled the wood and foam and than ran long screws through all the layers, then screwed on a nut on the back. I found this much more effective than the string/staple method you see all over the web.
In this shot, you can see my fabric "walls". This completely warmed up and enclosed the space. I used 19 yards of inexpensive osnaburg and hemmed it using iron-on hemming tape (genuis invention!). I mounted it using ikea curtain clips on each 2x4 (This room was already framed in).
My kind and generous Mom added the dark grey IKEA curtains. I just used two large command hooks to hold up the rod.
We already had the lamp, bed, bedding and rug. The drawing is from my talented sister. The table has two drop sides and was made by my Grandpa! The hideous rug underneath ours was already there, so after some deep cleaning I decided to leave it since it covered the whole room.
I mounted a rod over the doorway and used some white curtains we already had for the "door."Since there is no closet space, I made this inexpensive board with hooks. The hooks were $1 each and the board was in the scrap bin for $2. I seriously want to make ten more and hang them everywhere!
I didnt take a picture of the giant garage sale TV that Shaun added down there. It's just set up for movies, but the kids love to go down for movie night together.
It's not perfect, but pretty nice for a guest room dungeon!
1 comment:
This is amazing! When I saw the first picture, I thought wow what a cool wall treatment. lol. I'm a nerd. That is the basement. Love it!
Post a Comment