Friday, May 29, 2009

The BIG 3-0

May 29th- It's Shaun's 30th birthday! Of those 30 years, I've enjoyed 7.5 of them being married to this wonderful, funny, smart and sweet guy. I totally concede that he's the better half in this relationship. I couldn't have made up a better husband and father to my children. It's not hard to be in love with him. To celebrate this BIG moment- here are 30 of my favorite things about Shaun:


1. He knows how to say things just the right way.


2. He puts Emma to bed every night.


3. He's friendly to everyone.


4. He loves hotels and taking me to them.


5. He doesn't spend money on dumb things.


6. He's really quiet in the mornings so he doesn't wake me up.


7. He's always planning fun adventures for our family.


8. He never does anything half-way.


9. He loves his job.


10. He makes the best omelettes.


11. He says thank you every time I do the laundry.


12. He has gorgeous blue eyes that make me forget that I'm mad.


13. His favorite hobby is spending time with me and the kids.


14. He has a pure heart.


15. He cleaned up after the "Beef and Cheddar" incident.


16. He always thinks positively.


17. He always listens while I over-analyze.


18. He's is 100% worthy to hold the Priesthood.


19. He'll offer to go the grocery store because he knows I do not like it.


20. He can make me laugh until my sides hurt.


21. I can trust in his decisions for our family.


22. If he's had a long week at work, he always takes a day off to compensate.


23. He plays the piano beautifully.


24. He's always reminds us about scripture study and family home evening.


25. He loves sports but he's not obsessed.


26. He teases me when I need to lighten up.


27. He lets me take naps on Sundays.


28. He taught me how to play tennis and doesn't laugh when I whiff it.


29. He is the best at surprises.


30. He was 100% worth all the effort I put into fighting off all the other girls when we were dating at BYU.

I love you babe! Happy 30th birthday!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Shaun! I can't believe our hubbies are 30. OKay Wes isn't 30 yet but he soon will be =). Very sweet and nice tribute.

AMY said...

Happy B-day Shaun. We have 30 great things that we like about Shaun as well. Have fun up at your Swedish retreat this weekend. Aidan says the one thing about Shaun is that he's cool and he says "hey buddy" whenever he sees me. The b-day package is from the both of us to the both of you (Bev's is a little late)

p.s. Nice picture at the end of the post. What a beautiful house that photo was taken in.

Jessica said...

I read every one. Loved it. Happy Birthday, Shaun.

And I personally am interested in the "Fighting Off The Other Girls" story.

Natalie said...

We totally aren't that old right? 7+ years? So weird that BYU was that long ago :) What's your number Beth?