Have you ever noticed how those word verification words on people's blogs are [sometimes] strangely related to the posts or your comments?
For example, my friend wrote a post about going to the gym- her verification word: Flabber. As in the squishy stuff 'round your midsection that should disappear at the gym but doesn't because you never go.
Next, a blogger of a blogger posted a gazillion pictures of her niece's 6th birthday. I don't even know the author or the niece, but felt the need to comment, so I said something really meaningful like: "Wow! Cute pictures!" Her verification word: Faeker. Like, "Is that really the best you can do? Could ya try to be a little more sincere?"
(FYI about me- I don't comment anymore unless I have something sincere to say. I HATE the fluffy 'comment just to comment' comments. So yes often I read and don't comment. Could I have said "comment' anymore? No comments please.)
Have you ever noticed these little word verification coincidences or is it just me?
6 comments:
I have noticed that and the freaky fonts they use... makes me feel like a serial killer is behind it all. Miss you!
No. I've never paid that much attention. I'm trying to get in and get out!
Nope, it's just you...
Hope, never noticed. Guess you are a weirdo :)
Okaaaay
Um...I think it is lame, lame that there are unappreciatites who look down on certain comments. I think they fall in the same category as ungrateful people who are bugged by the common greeting "How are you?" and feel like you are lying if you don't share exactly how you are feeling. It is a greeting people. Ever heard of a rhetorical question? Just be happy they are not ignoring you. As far as blogging, would you rather have zero comments (be ignored) or a couple comments (how are yous) that your friends squished into their already jam packed days. I say, Beth, go on commenting with confidence and know yours are always appreciated.
Post a Comment