Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cuckoo Cuckoo!

I've been busy the last few weeks with a little experiment. An associate of mine holds a boutique twice a year for home-made crafty fun stuff. It's located close to my home and a fun event. So when she sent me an invite to her Spring Art Show, I thought I'd try out selling some stuff of my own. I decided to paint birdhouses- something I knew I could do and wouldn't require too much time or money (this was an experiment you know). Here's a shot of my booth at the show:

I spent every night for a week painting birdhouses. Shaun thought I'd lost my mind. (Can anyone say CUckOo?!?) I've included photos of a few of them.
The show was the weekend of March 26 and 27th and I sold five of my little birdie homes. Who would've thought? I was hoping for better sales, but since the art show I've sold a few online through the online site Etsy. I've posted a link to my Etsy store in the sidebar of this blog in case you want to check out my really, really simply painted birdhouses. If you do visit my store, I'd LOVE some feedback! You can convo me on Etsy or just comment here. What colors do you like? What colors should I add? What's your favorite style (build) of birdhouse? Are my prices reasonable?This little side hobby is not going to bring in any major funds and it hasn't taken over my life (thank goodness!), but it's been a fun little thing to do on the side.

I've also been sewing some curtains for Joseph's room and my room. So, look for those posts to come!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I am glad to hear you have had success online as well. These little birdie houses are just darling. I love your just because gift sets they are so clever. Also, they are better than giving cookies or brownies since those tend to add pounds to your weightloss hopeful friends.

Amber said...

Way cute! I am impressed with your entrepreneurship skills. Awesome.