Tuesday, March 16, 2010

GO GREEN!!

If you come to my house (and you should) it is not hard to tell what my favorite color is.
GREEN!
I have some form of it in every room and when I'm out shopping, I'm always drawn to things in any shade of green. (I have to slap my hand and tell myself: "Don't buy it just because it's green!) I'm so glad there's a holiday celebrating the fantastic color of green (never mind this luck stuff or actually celebrating my real Irish heritage). Here's my "ode to green" display this month:I was disappointed the local candy store did not have green gumballs. So leftover candy hearts from Valentine's will have to do.

I love apple green. I painted this old computer cabinet (found online for CHEAP!) to use as my sewing/craft cabinet. Funny that I thought even a third of my stuff would fit in it, but it's serving its purpose well in my own craft/twice a year guest room.
I'm convincing friends to join the green club and was happy to hear my friend Amy wanted to paint her kitchen green. Lucky for me, I managed a nice little November weekend away to Washington for painting.


My purse is green. And if you want a knock-off designer bag (offered in other colors) for under $50 too, go here.

My camera case is green. Someone just gave me a Scentsy wax melter thing and it's green and they didn't even have to ask! The library book I'm reading right now happens to be green (Odd's fish! You'd think the Scarlet Pimpernel would be more of a reddish hue.). I have enough green shirts to wear one everyday this week instead of just on St. Patrick's Day. Green dinnerware, green pillows I'm sewing right now. Green Green Green!

Don't you love this bowl?!

I still need to go see "Wicked" to complete this fixation. Too bad San Francisco is the closest it gets to me this year.

So, in case you can't tell...green makes me happy. Do you have a favorite color?

4 comments:

Sorensen's said...

Hurray for green!!!

Jessica said...

I, too, LOVE green in home decorating. And I always get told I look good in green, so I guess it should be my favorite color.

Amber said...

LOve it! My three favorites are red, green, and of course yellow. I love the paint color in her house.

Melissa said...

Green is my favorite color too. I have a green chair in my family room that is my FAVORITE!