I've been
slowly doing little house projects to try and get a little more settled. We've been here five months and I FINALLY unpacked the last of the boxes. You know the ones you stick in a closet to "go through later?" I did it and I can move on.
I needed curtains for the front windows- it's a gigantic window that turns most of our main level into a "fish bowl" for all to see. I didn't make these; they were cheaper to buy (a la World Market).

Oh and you can see my new pillows! Old pillow forms with new covers- ta da! Next for this room is a rug. I hate rug shopping. Everything is ugly or too expensive. Frustrating! I finally decided to go pick out some carpet and have it bound. Maybe boring, but adding color in artwork and fabric is a lot cheaper.
I DID make the shades for Joseph's room. They're my first attempt at functioning roman shades and they didn't turn out too bad. I used this
tutorial and thought it was pretty good. One window isn't pictured, but this'll give you the basic idea:
Skip this part if you're not interested in sewing jargon: The only thing I didn't do the same was the mounting. Since I'm renting, I couldn't screw into the frame, so I used a tenstion rod and just ran to cords through rings at the top. The only downside is the curtain slides horizontally along the rod when you pull them up. So, I plan to make back tabs and hot glue them to the tension rod to eliminate that problem. If you want more info- just ask!
Next projects: roman shades for my bedroom, tablecloth and Fourth of July skirts!
2 comments:
I love your green pillows!!! They just pop on that dark couch. So cool. Great job on the curtains! I love the color combo with the blue, red, and orange. So cute!
OK... so I would like roman curtains for my boys rooms, and please... a july 4th skirt. don't worry, you'll have plenty of time, seeing as i can't find a house.
honestly though, you're an amazing sewer/decorator... i've loved all your input.
Post a Comment