Monday, February 6, 2012

2011 Summary..June and July

June 2011- A week after we moved, we need some R&R at the lovely Homestead Resort in Heber, Utah with these fun buddies:

We had a grand ol' time hiking, exploring the crater, golfing, eating out, and just playing with our friends!

At the end of June, I had the chance to go up to Youth Conference at Utah State University.  It was a fun-packed two days and it was awesome to bond with the girls.  They did a ropes course, rock wall, and tons of field games. We also squeezed in a trip to do baptisms at the lovely Logan temple. At 37 weeks preg-o, I limited my activity to spectating.
Yes, I stand out like a sore thumb...more like sore belly.

We spent the Fourth of July with the Sorensen family.  I had super cute 4th of July T's for both kiddos, but they managed to trade them out for jammies before I could snap a photo. At least I got one of Emma's lovely red, white and blue nails (complete with tiny fireworks).

We packed in lots of other fun activities with the Young Women before I was released because of our move. : (
Wedding Night with some of the Beehives- they made their own "wedding dresses" out of ribbon, fabric, flower, toilet paper- whatever white stuff they could find!  Alysee (one of the girls) planned the whole thing for Personal Progress!

2011 Girls Camp theme
We had an awesome camp at Sylvia's cabin in Heber!  The girls did tons of awesome crafts and the food was fabulous.  My favorite was the testimony meeting- my last with these girls!  I will miss being with them every week!

Emma's 7th Birthday
She wanted a mermaid theme.  And what birthday party would be completel without custumes?! Luckily, my mom whipped up a mermaid tail-like skirt while she visited in April for Emma to wear.  Of course, Joe had to dress up like a pirate. 

Love the mermaid pinata and "sea-weed" punch!

While everyone was arriving, they put together their own bags with sea creature stickers and puff paint!
Shaun is my hero!  How many guys do you know that would willingly play pool games for 60 minutes with 10+ girls and 2 lucky boys (Aidan and Jack)!
I hated pinatas as a kid and here I am forcing my kids to do them at their own birthday parties. Cruel. Don't you just love the swimsuit bum?

Purple Octopus Cake!

My darling 7 year old being a good sport at having her picture taken.

Her "real birthday" dinner at Bonsai.

Twinkle Toes!

Microscope!

The Birthday Girl!

No comments: