Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A few simple Valentine ideas

I LOVE Valentine's!!  It's just too fun!  I signed up for two class parties; I'm making two different treats for classes of 25 each and I'm up to my eyeballs in crafts!  I must be crazy in love!!  There are so many fun ideas out there, but I just wanted to share a few that we're putting to good use around here.

# 1 Fast and simple treats to take to your visiting teaching people this month:

Easy instructions found here
Joe and I had so much fun dipping these together and taking them around. The treat boxes were 60% off at Joann's, but I saw them at Michael's too. 

#2 Valentine's is about loving OTHERS so here's an idea from my friend Kim - the WALL of HEARTS.  We started on February 1st and every time someone does something nice for someone else, it gets written down and posted on the wall.  We try to talk about it every night around dinner time- kind of like a President Monson, "Have I done any good today?" moment.  We just have a few but we'll get more up there soon!

 # 3 The ultra cool boy Valentine's we're making for Joseph to take to preschool:
Made using glowstick bracelets from the Dollar Store and this free printable found here!

# 4 The Fourteen Days of Valentine's - an idea originally given to me by Jessica.  I try to keep it super simple.  Some of the things on this year's list are strawberry smoothies, heart-shaped pancakes, date with Mom or Dad, marshmallow PVC pipe shooters (I might regret that one) and other dollar store treats!  I put their prizes (or a note about their prizes) in these cute pouches made a few years ago.


# 5 Valentine's on the hour for my sweetie.

You can print the hourly labels here.  I'm keeping it simple and I'm only doing 7 hours since we'll hopefully be together after 4 p.m.! : )

# 6 Easy and super cute Valentine's banner:

I love the whole mantel, but the tutorial for the no-sew banner is here.


And I've got a few more in the works that I'll post soon!
XOXO!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

After making a I-think-our-anniversary-is-way-more-important-than-Valentine's pact with Aaron, I am rethinking...maybe :) Adorably cute stuff!

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are just finding the cutiest crafty items to buy and make. I loved this post. It is sooo sweet. Happy Valentine's Day;)