Shaun does not share this orientation to task. His philosophy is "get the work done so you can play". While I derive massive amounts of happiness upon the completion of a project, Shaun's joy comes from the sports, activities and adventures that come after the project. It's good we have this balance between work and play. He supports my decorating fanaticism by saying "Good job Sweetie" over and over as I march him around the room, admiring my handiwork from every possible angle. And I support him by limiting the honey-do's.
Hopefully, creating a project log will draw out my "finished project high." Just writing about my recent projects extends the exhilaration I first felt at their completion. My first victim: The Dining Room. It's a new house- so how to add color without coloring everything? I started small and shy...with one wall. (Behr Paint- Shortgrass Praire) I added some window treatments; color matching was tricky- next time I'll match the paint to the curtains instead of the other way around. This is what I got:
Now, what do you do when a good painting job makes your furniture look like newlywed furniture? Oh wait....it IS newlywed furniture!
Project # 2 - turning Emma's room into something - PINKALICIOUS!
Since we moved in (June '07), Emma has been asking me to paint her room pink (Behr Paint- Poetic Princess in Eggshell). I finally got around to it during a wonderfully cool and rainy week in August, uh, this year. It took a total of 4 days (with some painful painting around windows and doors), but we're all happy with the results. Emma is thrilled. During the entire ordeal, Emma sat in her room and watched me paint (a miracle in itself for Little Miss Helpful) and said over and over, "Oh thank you Mommy." Her look of pure rapture was excellent motivation. Joseph, on the other hand, spent most of the 4 days looking like this:
Thanks Mom for the help making the blackout shades (goodbye 4 am sunrise!) earlier in the year.


2 comments:
Cute kids! Cute rooms! I am very impressed with the surfing picture. I have been too afraid to try it despite my brothers assurance that I won't get chopped up by the propeller if I fall. Maybe I will try it now!
Emma's room turned out great. And I already told you I love the green ribbon on her shades. You shouldn't have hired a babysitter, though. You know I'm always just around the block.
Post a Comment