I love going home to my Mom and Dad's. They've lived in their home almost fifteen years- a record for my family. I love to see my Mom's new decorations and chat with her late into the night. I love to sit on the couch next to my Dad and practically feel his wisdom seeping out of his mind. I love to see my baby sister turning into a confident, beautiful young woman, whose humor surprises us all. A new benefit of visiting is seeing another sister Shauna and her family settled in close by for medical school. I'm glad she's found such a happy spot to be in. Her apartment is darling; of course she could make a dumpster look darling.
--
Sept. 10- Shaun went out to St. Louis for a work meeting, so the kids and I went along to spend a few short days with my family. I didn't take that many pictures. We were only there four and a half days and it was a whirlwind of sewing projects. Okay, it was really me doing the sewing, Mom doing the consulting, Shauna doing the picking out and entertaining the kids and Adrienne doing the kid-entertaining too. I finished two (!!!!) quilt tops, a car seat tent and an apron! Yes!!! I'll upload pictures of the projects later. . . .
--
When I wasn't sewing, we went on adventures like our favorite kid's museum- The Magic House. Our favorite spot? (The water table, the fishing pond, the musical chairs that play music when you sit on them, the Oval Office, and the fan sucker thing.)
On Saturday, Dad and Shaun took the kiddos to the St. Louis Arch and the history museum beneath it.
One of my favorite parts of the trip was discovering the fun of the Wii. I don't know which was funnier: playing or watching the people play. Shauna and I had a riot canoe-ing on the time challenge. Shaun and my Dad got addicted to the Tanks game and I can still hear the song in my head. . .
There's no place like home!
2 comments:
Cute Post! It was fun to have you here! Are you moving yet?
I will always be jealous of your sewing abilities.
Aidan said... (in regards to last picture) "Doesn't Shaun look like he's crying." :)
Post a Comment