He loves trains- thus the train table for his birthday- and cars. He has to take at least three match box cars with him EVERYWHERE. I need to get him a man bag to carry his cars! Around the house, he uses his shopping cart to carry all his goods.
For his birthday, our party of four went to an indoor ride place (Jungle Jim's) near our house. The rides are only $1 and they have lots of rides for little people. It was the perfect birthday
outing!
After Jungle Jim's, we had a fun Halloween party at our house with all the family. All the "buddies"- as Jo-Jo calls them-were there. Uncle Nate even came despite his need for stitches after an all-star catch and collision at his football game (he still made 2 touchdowns after the injury!)
I couldn't resist making these tombstone brownies (although they're not the typical birthday cake). We also had green eyeball punch with gummy worms frozen inside the ice ring. Creepy!
--
For entertainment we had a pinata which Nate ripped apart with one thwack after Emma did a little prepping!
I love my sweet Joseph. He's a sensitive boy and I want him to stay that way! He cries at loud voices and noises (even if they're only for fun) and he cries if you're hurt. He's very obedient to whatever I ask him to do. And although "No!" (it used to be "Mo!" and I'll miss that) and "Go Away!" are new words, he's still sweet and fun most of the time. He's always making us laugh with his funny dances and gestures. He's addicted to sweets and you can bribe him to do anything with candy. He still lets me snuggle him and smother him with kisses.
I love you Jo-Jo! Happy Birthday!
3 comments:
Wow! I cannot believe he is two already - time flies. It looks like you had such a good day - we love Jungle Jim's! I am so excited to see you! Give the birthday boy our love!
Aidan says... "Mom, when we go to Utah we seriously have to go to Emma's. Look at Joseph'es train table. Look at that sucker!"
Way to go on the b-day gift... trains are a hit around our house too.
Wow, he's two and extremely cute! I must tell you that Jason has decided that since Emma lives in Utah, she has the same Grandma as him and can't figure out why we didn't see her when we came to visit for Conference. He also thinks they share uncles and aunts. I wish we had run into you because it really would have made Jason's day. He misses Emma.
Oh, I finally broke down and said I needed a leave of absence from playing the piano because I was getting sad passing my growing baby (now 1) off to people who can sit and enjoy her during R.S. (which I am one of the odd people who loves R.S.). Anyhow, my complaining got me into the nursery for 6 months (since I can take Abigail in there with me, so we can still be together). Hmm, maybe rethinking that one.
Thanks for letting me use this comment page as a place to chat.
Daralee
Post a Comment