Monday, October 26, 2009

Sundance

Oct 1-4- We spent a lovely Conference weekend at Sundance with the Sorensens. Nick and Kate made all the arrangements for a perfect cabin (complete with a separate heated playhouse for the kids!).

Here are the highlights:

Some went hiking (Timp Cave) and found a bear:



Some went fishing (Deer Creek) and found no fish but had fun anyway:



Some drove the Alpine Loop to look at the beautiful Fall leaves:

Some played early morning memory games with their Uncle:


All enjoyed the BYU win over Utah State Friday night:


All enjoyed the warm fire and delicious food:


All enjoyed the gorgeous views: (This was the view from our bedroom!)


All enjoyed General Conference and a Sunday morning visit from Uncle Scott:



All enjoyed hearing about the exciting encounter Shaun and I had in our room:

Late one night, we turned out the lights and heard a loud flapping sound. We were hoping it was a very large moth, but when I felt something against my forehead, I sat up and screamed and flipped on the light. It was a bat!! Shaun started yelling for a giant fly swatter. His mom came in with long gloves on up to her elbows and said she'd strangle the thing. We grabbed various weapons and started taking aim. I tied a scarf around my head so it wouldn't get in my hair. When the bat landed on an upper beam, Shaun grabbed a broom and took a swipe but the broom broke! The bat was frantically flying around and headed toward my sleeping children, so I took a feather duster and home-run smacked it into the bathtub. Shaun immediately went for the kill shot with the tennis racket. We couldn't have choreogrpahed it better. The kids didn't even wake up! I wish I had it on video.

It was a great weekend full of family bonding and fun. The setting was so beautiful and the weather almost perfect. It was sunny and warm the entire time except the last day when I decided to take a quick family photo (of course it had to rain that day!)

3 comments:

The Hansen Clan said...

Love the pictures! I am dying over the bat story... I can visualize the whole thing - beautiful. That video would have been worth some money :)

Natalie said...

I'm jealous. But not of the bat. I would have been FREAKING OUT! I'm glad you saved your kids from him :)

AMY said...

Okay... I am totally freaking out about the bat. I can't believe it touched you! I had visions of rabies and "The Great Outdoors"! Hopefully you've seen that movie, it would explain a lot.

I'm glad I got a close up picture of your hair. I love it!!