February is usually the time of year when I visit my family while Shaun travels for boat shows, but this year I decided (crazy) to stay at home. So, to make up for the missed hours of chatting with my mom and sisters and the missed sewing fun, I decided to attempt doing the 14 days of Valentine's for my kids. (An idea provided and carried out much more beautifully by my friend Jessica.)
Okay my life theme is simple. So, we did really, really simple. One day was sparkly heart sunglasses day. One day we did strawberry milkshakes. Another day we did day-of-the-week underwear (I loved those as a kid!). Tonight we had heart-shaped pancakes for dinner. Easy stuff like that.
It's been a fun, easy way to celebrate Valentine's and make the winter go by a little faster (although February here has been rather pleasant).
For a fun project (and to keep myself thoroughly occupied while Shaun was away), I made these cute pouches for each day's love notes and treat
I've never made any sort of bag or pouch before so it was a little challenging to figure out the lining and stuff, but I loved the way they turned out!
And just so you know. . . I've decided to post more of the projects I do because working on them:
# 1 Is how I spend most of my free time
#2 Is what makes me happy
#3 Gives me a better sense of accomplishment than sweeping under the table three times a day
So, I'm sorry if you hate that stuff but for those of you who don't, I hope you enjoy them and maybe you can send along some of your own creative stuff!
Happy Valentine's Day! XOXO!
7 comments:
I love the pouches! You should make them and sale them to people like me that love them but couldn't make something that cute if my life depended on it! Well done!
Amazing Bethany!!! What a fun activity to incorporate your children into Valentine's Day. What lucky kids!
I love the little Valentine pouches. Adorable!!!
Thanks for the advice on my room by the way. I think you are right. Now I just have to decide what shade of cream/ivory to do. I got the rug from Pottery Barn it was sold as-is so it was an incredible price. Thanks again for your help. Your awesome! I want to see a picture of your computer armoire.
Wow. Maybe I should catch up on blogs a little more often. Thanks for copying! Next year, can you send me some of the those pouches for my kids?
I am the worst at checking blogs! However... your Valentine's seemed pleasant. Is Shaun done with shows, now? Your bags are extra special cute... and who doesn't love days of the week undies :) I look forward to further craft posts... however, I don't sew so I may get jealous.
Okay, I am seriously dying to see an update on your projects Missy.
I'm really excited for more project posts! I love those :)
Post a Comment