Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall in Love

My top five reasons for loving Autumn:

1. Decorating

It's my favorite time to decorate. I love pumpkins! The Fall colors are beautiful too- I love the leaves on the trees! And, of course I love Halloween decorations...the non-spooky variety!




2. Pumpkin Patches

This year, our family drove to Greenbluff's Harvest House. The pumpkin donuts were definitely worth the drive! Emma had a blast wandering through the maze and playing on the inflatable toys. We picked out the perfect pumpkins and bought some tasty cider!




3. Packages from Mom

My mom finds the silliest, funniest Halloween stuff and sends it to the kids. They have a blast every time. Thanks for the laughs Mom!




4. Primary Programs

The program was today and it was wonderful! I was amazed at how many kids had their parts memorized! Emma participated in her first primary program as a Sunbeam. She stood up brave and tall and said (from memory), "I can prepare to get married in the temple." What a cutie! She also stood at the very front and sang all the songs, even with her puffy lip. (She split her lip after a fall on the hardwood floor right before we left for church!)

5. General Conference

Two weeks later and I am still savoring the messages from our Prophet and other General Authorities. The announcement of the new temples was very exciting; especially the one near Independence, MO. Some of my favorite highlights were:

- President Monson's talk about learning to distinguish what is important and what is not. And how to cherish the moments we have now.

- Elder Wirthlin's ideas on how to handle adversity

- Elder Eyring's talk about unity

- Elder Bednar's address on meaningful prayer

- Elder Hales' talk on Christian courage

The messages from General Conference are so personal and uplifting. It keeps me going for six months until I can get another refill!

2 comments:

AMY said...

The glasses on Emma are crazy cute.

I'm glad you enjoyed Harvest House. The pumpkin doughnuts WERE worth it.

Great job on the Primary Program. Whew! It's done, right? :)

Amber said...

What a fun post! I love it. You're mom's packages are awesome! Cute decorations too.