Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Day

Emma is at her first day of kindergarten right now. I wish I could spy on her class to see what she's doing. I wonder if she's having fun and meeting new friends. I hope she listens to her teacher and focuses on her work.
She was a little nervous about starting school again. She's mostly worried about making mistakes and if she'll be able to make friends. But, with a father's blessing, she was excited and ready to go.
I'll admit I wasn't sad (it might have something to do with the fact that Joseph is napping now and I have two hours to myself 5x a week- selfish I know). But I do wonder if I've taught her enough to do well in the outside world. I want her to love school and love learning. I want her to make friends and be nice to others even if they aren't her friends.
I was a little worried, but all those worries went away when we said our "see ya laters" and I watched her walk in the door of her new classroom and she never looked back.
That's my girl. She'll be great.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I wasn't sad till kid #3. I was, like, PUSHING them out the door.

Jordan and Shannon said...

What a cutie!

AMY said...

Wow, she looks like a mini-Bethany. What and exciting day. She looks soooo cute.

Amber said...

Yeah Emma! What a cute little kindergartener!
I love your post about your garden. Especially the lessons. awesome.

Penny said...

Is she having a blast? Nathan loves it. The best thing for him is the bus. When I asked him how the bus was, his reply was, "It was better than I ever imagined it!"

Emma sure does look grown up. Enjoy your time, I know I am!

Daralee said...

It sounds like you have too much time on your hands. Time for another! Just kidding.